It’s that time of the year again when you might need to tidy up your tops and we’ve got some great tips to help ensure you get the best results. Start by watching the video above and keep in mind these general rules:
- Use a mild detergent such as Woolite and Dawn dishwashing liquid, cold to lukewarm water and a soft-bristle brush
- Never apply heat to Sunbrella fabrics – simply air dry
- Chlorine Bleach can be used for heavier stains but you will need to retreat for stain protection/water repellency
- Tops can be machine washed if they fit but don’t dry them in a dryer, only air dry
Their is a good deal more info in the Sunbrella PDF found here including what dilutions of cleaners to use, how to prepare your top for cleaning etc.
We’ll be back soon with other details on caring for your Sunbrella tops including how to retreat them & detailed info on getting particular stains out. For this and more be sure to follow us on Twitter.
- 08 Sep 2014Yes we do sail covers!
- 11 Mar 2013Cleaning Sunbrella tops
- 20 Mar 2013Full refurb on Bayliner 3888
- 10 Apr 2013Re-treating Sunbrella boat covers and boat tops for water repellency and stain resistance
- 14 Apr 2013New Bimini, Dodger & Joiner on CS36