So you’ve tried everything to get rid of that pesky bird business…or maybe that mildew is just not coming off with the normal cleaning procedures for your top. Well look no further – we’ve gathered all the best information from Sunbrella here in one place to allow you to tackle those tough stains and get your canvas boat top looking shiny and new for the upcoming season.
NOTE: In following the below treatment of your top, you will also need to re-treat the fabric for water and stain resistance.
General solution for cleaning tough stains:
- Consult the stain chart here for best cleaning products to use and quantities
- Clean with soft bristle brush and for bleach/dishwashing liquid mixtures, allow to soak into the fabric for up to 15 minutes
- Rinse thoroughly until all detergent residue is removed and AIR DRY ONLY!
If you can fit your boat cover or top in a washing machine then follow these simple steps:
- Use mild detergent and for heavier stains add 1 cup of bleach to wash
- Wash and rinse in cold water and AIR DRY ONLY
- Re-treat the fabric for water and stain resistance
We hope that helps! Thanks to Sunbrella for providing this information and such a fabulous marine product.
- 08 Mar 2013New Stainless Steel Safety Rail
- 11 Mar 2013Cleaning Sunbrella tops
- 20 Mar 2013Full refurb on Bayliner 3888
- 10 Apr 2013Re-treating Sunbrella boat covers and boat tops for water repellency and stain resistance
- 14 Apr 2013New Bimini, Dodger & Joiner on CS36