A Bimini is the most common type of boat top used to shelter from rain, sun and spray. They are free-standing and are usually placed above the cockpit or exterior helm area.
Why a Bimini?
- Great protection from sun, wind and spray
- Free-standing & removable
- Creates a cozy seating area
- Provides privacy
Things to consider when choosing you Bimini include:
- Colours: Wide choice available. see the Materials section here for fabric and colour choice
- Position: What space do you want to cover? Will it get in the way of anything like a boom or ladder?
- Accessories: Do you want a skylight? Or maybe pockets?
- Joiners: Do you want a joiner to connect your covers and provide more protection?
- Removing: Do you want to be able to fold the Bimini down when not in use but keep it attached?
- Partial or Full: Do you want the area fully covered or only partly?
When constructing canvas tops, we use top-notch materials from our most trusted suppliers. This can include:
- Fabrics: Sunbrella, Top Gun or other marine fabrics
- Bars: Polished Stainless Steel (Aluminum is available on request)
- Zippers, UV thread, Other fasteners
For more information on materials including fabric types and colours see the Materials section here.