A Dodger is a type of windshield found typically on a sailboat, which covers the companion way (or hatch) and allows for access forward via the side decks.
Why a Dodger?
- Provide shelter from driving wind, rain and spray when underway
- Still allows access forward along side decks
- Can attach to biminis with a joiner to provide improved shelter
- Lets you pilot your boat easier in wet weather
Things to consider when choosing a Dodger include:
- Will your companionway hatch still be accessible?
- Do you have lines, winches and other equipment to work around?
- Do you want window covers (not recommended due to scratching from salt)?
- Do you want to attach your Dodger to your Bimini?
- Can you easily access your side-deck/breezeway?
When constructing canvas tops, we use top-notch materials from our most trusted suppliers. This can include:
- Fabrics: Sunbrella, Top Gun or other marine fabrics
- Bars: Polished Stainless Steel (Aluminum is available on request)
- Zippers, UV thread, Other fasteners
For more information on materials including fabric types and colours see the Materials section here.