Canvas enclosures are made up of windows, doors and other curtains used to fully enclosure an area of the boat – usually the aft cockpit. They usually attach to a bimini and dodger on a sailboat and can be rolled up or removed
Why an Enclosure?
- Keep out the elements while still allowing use
- Allow easy entry and exit
- Keep your cockpit clean
When choosing an enclosure, things to consider include:
- Size of window panels
- Abrasion/chafe areas need to be avoided
- Do you want window covers?
When constructing doors, windows, panels and curtains for enclosures, we use top-notch materials from our most trusted suppliers. This can include:
- Fabrics: Sunbrella, Top Gun or other marine fabrics
- Clear PVC: Different weight depending on application
- Zippers, UV thread, Other fasteners
For more information on materials including fabric types and colours see the Materials section here.