We now offer sail alterations out of our North Vancouver location. Our most popular jobs include converting for roller furling, changing main sails to loose-footed, adding/removing volume in Spinnakers and Genoas. We also work with Leitch & McBride North Vancouver to provide new sails to our customers.
Why Sail Alteration?
- Furling systems are vastly improved and you can convert your current foresail
- Often excess sail inventory can be put to better use
- Loose-footed mains are easier to rig/de-rig and reef
- Altering is more economical than buying a new sail
Things to consider when altering a sail:
- What gauge tape does your furling track use?
- If increasing area, is there enough room within your rigging?
- Do you want additional reefs?
- Is the sail worth altering or would money be better spent on a new sail?
- Is the change reducing your sail inventory?
We use top-quality sail cloth in a variety of weights and types including:
- Dacron and UV Dacron
- Carbon Fibre and/or Kevlar Laminated racing cloth
- Ripstop Nylon for spinnakers & other lightweight sails
For more information on materials including fabric types and colours see the Materials section here.