Sail Repair & Maintenance
We now offer sail repair out of our North Vancouver location including UV replacement on furling sails. Other common repair jobs include re-webbing slides, re-stitching, patching tears and holes and strengthening clew and tack hardware.
Why Sail Repair?
- UV damage destroys sails quickly! Replace your UV cover every 4 years
- Regular maintenance of your sails can add years to their life
- Well maintained sails add to your sailboat’s performance
- Repairing it now or replace it later—avoiding repairs can be costly
What to consider when repairing or maintaining your sails:
- Is the UV cover over 4 years old, ripped or torn?
- Has your stitching been rotted out by UV?
- Are your slides or hanks worn?
- Are there chaffing points or holes in your sail?
- Is your sail worth repairing?
We use top-quality sail cloth in a variety of weights and types including:
- Dacron and UV Dacron
- Carbon Fibre and/or Kevlar Laminated racing cloth
- Ripstop Nylon for spinnakers & other lightweight sails
For more information on materials including fabric types and colours see the Materials section here.